How I Help
Your Strategic Partner for Brand Messaging and Benefits-Driven Conversion Copy
As your strategic partner, I get to know your company, your audience, and your challenges. And from the moment we start working together, I continuously look for ideas, solutions, and tactics that support your business goals, while always keeping a startup’s limited time and resources in mind.
And as your ally, I'm also inclined to warn against feature creep, murky positioning, ill-advised brand extension, imprudent pricing, flabby strategy, errant prioritization, customer disconnect, funnel friction, and other weak points when I see them. So if you don't want any feedback like that, you'd better work with someone else, because I'm pretty straightforward. In a polite way. My overriding goal is to help your company grow, so if I see roadblocks, I’ll mention those to you.
You have limited time and resources. I get that, and I'm accustomed to working creatively and efficiently within those constraints. I also have a deep understanding of how difficult and isolating it can be to run an early-stage company.
We'll probably work well together if...
- You're a founder or executive at an early-stage company
- You have some paying customers, but are still trying to solve the product-market fit equation or refine your positioning
- You know who your current customers are, sort of know who your ideal customers would be, and you'd like to improve your brand messaging to speak directly to those ideal customers
- You're not a jerk
How I Can Help Your Company
Research & Positioning
- Putting together a competitor messaging audit to expose the overplayed messaging everyone else is using and you should avoid, and to get more indications of where to leverage customer language on your site.
- Using comprehensive customer and competitor review mining to uncover and illuminate the customer language you should incorporate. This also gives you a better understanding of which core features you should be working on and guards against feature creep (which can dilute your brand and spread your resources too thin).
- Creating more specific positioning that speaks directly to your target customer segment, builds trust, and increases conversions.
- Drawing out elements of your story to humanize your brand and build trust. A lot of entrepreneurs take their story for granted, but the more you tell your audience about your story, the more customers will trust you and your product. It often takes an outsider to see what customers would find fascinating.
Benefits-Driven Website Copy & Effective UX
- Your bland, feature-focused, company-centric copy will transform into benefits-focused copy. This lets the customer know what’s in it for them, gets them to keep reading, and guides them to buy.
- A stronger, more compelling, and benefits-focused value proposition will make you singular in a sea of competitors, show the right customer segment that they've found the perfect solution, and gets your reader to keep reading down the page.
- Clear and optimized landing pages and lead-gen forms that reduce friction, confusion, and anxiety will let your copy and UX work in harmony to lead the right people to take the right action.
- Push the button, Frank! Specific and benefit-based call-to-action buttons with ultra-improved color, text, and placement will boost clickthrough rates and reduce anxiety by letting the reader know what to expect. A clear text and design match to the target page will reassure customers they’re on the right page and reduce funnel drop-off.
Email Campaign Strategy & Copy
- Segmented email sequences (welcome, onboarding, reengagement, and more) based on best practices will deliver useful content in your brand voice and build trust in your brand. It also results in reduced churn and additional upsells—along with happy and informed customers.